Rescued Pets Movement is hiring registered veterinary technicians. Please share this post with anyone you think may be interested in the position. Please submit resumes to Kiersten Thoma at email@example.com to be considered for an interview. See the job description below. Thank you!
Rescued Pets Movement – Houston, TX
Job Title: Veterinary Technician
Pay Range: $12.00-$18.00/hr, negotiable. Salary is commensurate with experience, education, and qualifications.
Performs a variety of semi-technical and technical animal health tasks encompassing animal management, diagnostic laboratory and surgical procedures, and therapy and treatment techniques.
• Assists the veterinarian with emergency animal treatment, routine examinations, and vaccinations.
• May transport animals from cages and restrain animals weighing up to 120 pounds for injections, medication and examination; may administer selected medications.
• Assists veterinarian with surgery, including sterilization of instruments and surgical area, animal prep, and monitoring of vital signs; monitors post-operative recovery and reports changes in condition.
• Conduct daily exams of animals.
• Prepare vet records for weekly transport.
• Prepares specimens and performs diagnostic laboratory tests (e.g., microscopic egg counts, etc.).
• Maintains animal health and surgical records.
• May feed and water animals and clean cages and runs.
• May be required to travel out-of-state to support animal transport operations.
• Possesses a “can do” attitude and willing to get the job done.
• Performs other duties as requested.
Requires an Associate’s of Applied Science degree. American Association for Laboratory Animal Science Certification and/or training in accordance with the A.A.L.A.S. is preferred.
Registered vet techs are preferred.
Must be proficient in Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, Outlook, and shelter management software.
At least one year of directly related experience as a veterinary technician working in shelter medicine, spay/neuter clinic, wellness clinic, or private veterinary practice is preferred.
Animal handling and husbandry experience is highly desired.
Must possess a stable work history.
Requires the ability to make closely coordinated eye/hand movements within very fine tolerance and/or calibration demands; or the ability to make rapid closely coordinated eye/hand movements on a patterned response space within somewhat fine tolerance demands; or the ability to make coordinated eye/hand movements within fine tolerances with large equipment as an extension of the worker.